Furniture must achieve the required properties in terms of stability, durability, strength, flammability, etc. Our testing laboratory ensures the verification of both the mechanical properties of furniture and the properties of surface finishes and upholstered furniture according to applicable national, European and international standards. Furniture testing is used for verification of the achieved utility properties and safety in use by the user. A very important property of furniture is its safety in use. Each manufacturer is legally obliged to place only safe products on the market (§ 3 of Act No. 102/2001 Coll., Czech Republic). Verification of furniture safety is important not only for the development of a new product, making available on the market, but also for the fulfillment of contractual obligations within the supplier-customer relationship.
Uncovering and unverification of the safety and utility properties of a product already before its placing on the market can pose a high risk not only for the manufacturer but also especially for the end user. Tests performed by our testing laboratory will help you to ensure the required quality and product safety.
Our laboratory performs the tests of this furniture:
For lying furniture, there are most often performed the test of strength and stiffness of the construction, stability, durability, impact test of downwards force, test of bed edges durability, static load test of downwards force, etc.
In terms of mattrasses, it is testing of functional characteristics, health harmfulness, utility properties of coating materials, etc.
We offer the following tests:
- ČSN 91 1010 Furniture - Bed furniture - Basic dimensions and requirements
- EN 1725 Domestic furniture - Bed and mattresses - Safety requirements and test methods
- EN 1957 Furniture - Beds and mattresses - Test methods for the determination of functional characteristics and assessment criteria
- EN 1334 Domestic furniture - Beds and mattresses - Methods of measurement and recommended tolerances
- EN 597–1 Furniture - Assessment of the ignitability of mattresses and upholstered bed bases - Part 1: Ignition source: smouldering cigarette
- EN 597–2 Furniture - Assessment of the ignitability of mattresses and upholstered bed bases - Part 2: Ignition source: match flame equivalent
In the case of seating furniture, the front, rear and side stability tests, static seat and backrest loads, seat and backrest durability, front edge durability, rear impact tests, etc. are most often performed. In the case of upholstered seating, abrasion) and flame resistance.
Scope of methods:
- EN 1728 Furniture – Seating – Test methods for the determination of strength and durability
- EN 1022 Furniture – Seating – Determination of stability
- EN 1021-1 Furniture – Assessment of the ignitability of upholstered furniture – Part 1: Ignition source smouldering cigarette
- EN 1021-2 Furniture – Assessment of the ignitability of upholstered furniture – Part 2: Ignition source match flame equivalent
- EN 581-1 Outdoor furniture – Seating and tables for camping, domestic and contract use – Part 1: General safety requirements
- EN 581-2 Outdoor furniture – Seating and tables for camping, domestic and contract use – Part 2: Mechanical safety requirements and test methods for seating
- BS 5852–4 (source 4, 5, 6 a 7) Fire test of upholstered seating