Testing of flooring
Recently, the requirements for the high–quality floor coverings have got to the forefront. Verification of their properties will enable to determine the required product quality to the manufacturer and thus to provide the user with a durable, safe and high–quality product.
For the floor coverings, there is most often performed the test of their mass per area, resistance to wear by stress (wheelchair, furniture leg), turf withdrawal force, dimensional stability after cleaning, flammability, health safety as well as specific tests such as determination of electrostatic properties, slipperiness, colour fastness, etc.
From the point of view of the safety, there is very important the flammability test on the radiant panel which we perform on all the types of floor coverings.
Scope of testing:
- EN ISO 11925-2 Reaction to fire tests – Ignitability of products subjected to direct impingement of flame – Part 2: Single – flame source test
- EN ISO 9239-1 Reaction to fire tests for floorings – Part 1: Determination of the burning behaviour using a radiant heat source
- EN 12720+A1 Furniture – Assessment of surface resistance to cold liquids
- EN 12721+A1 Furniture – Assessment of surface resistance to wet heat
- EN 12722+A1 Furniture – Assessment of surface resistance to dry heat
- ČSN 67 3098 Paints. Determination of resistance to temperature changes
- ČSN P CEN/TS 16611 Furniture – Assessment of the surface resistance to microscratching
- EN 16094 Laminate floor coverings – Test method for the determination of micro–scratch resistance
- EN 438-2 High–pressure decorative laminates (HPL) – Sheets based on thermosetting resins (usually called laminates) – Part 2: Determination of properties
- ČSN 91 0276 Furniture. Method of determining the surface resistance to abrasion
- EN 15185 Furniture – Assessment of the surface resistance to abrasion